Hampton College was visited by an inspection team from Ofsted in June 2023. We have now received the official letter from Ofsted (see below) and can confirm that the rating for Hampton College from this latest inspection is Good.
The inspection was a very thorough and exacting process, with five inspectors and an Ofsted observer in school for two full days. The judgement was arrived at through a combination of the following: observations of teaching, scrutiny of curriculum documentation, reviewing pupils’ work, extended professional conversations with staff and leaders, discussions with groups of pupils, review of parent, staff and pupil questionnaires, discussions and evidence from governors and trustees and consideration of achievement and progress rates, including GCSE, A level and Vocational qualifications.
We believe that the findings of the inspection are fair and they closely match the school and trust’s self-evaluation of the school. We are pleased that the many strengths of the school were recognised. These include:
- We are a happy school, where children and young people are well cared for
- A strong emphasis is placed on the well-being of students and staff
- There is a calm atmosphere and students behave well
- School is an inclusive and respectful environment
- Across the school students’ progress and achieve very successfully
- In the sixth form, students’ progress is very strong and they all progress to university, apprenticeships and employment
- Children and young people with SEND are identified and skilfully supported
- Staff and leaders are ‘tenacious’ and ‘vigilant’ in safeguarding children
- Governance is strong, which supports school improvement
Please click here if you wish to read the Ofsted 2017 full report.
Please click here if you wish to read the Ofsted 2023 full report.
Please click here for details of the Academy conversion in September 2014
Please click on the link here to take you directly to the College's page on the Ofsted website