Primary to Secondary Admissions
The application process for Year 6 children who wish to apply to join Year 7 at Hampton College in September of each new academic year is managed by Peterborough City Council.
For further information please visit Peterborough City Council's Admissions Website.
A copy of the Peterborough City Council's Information Booklet can be downloaded here.
The deadline date for Applications to join Year 7 in September 2019 is 31 October 2018.
The National Offer Day for Year 7 places for September 2019 is Friday 1 March 2019.
If you wish to apply to join Hampton College in Years 7-11 during the school year you will need to follow the In-Year Admissions process. The process is also managed by Peterborough City Council and further details can be found on the Admissions Website.
If you wish to apply to join Hampton College Sixth Form during the school year please contact the Head of Sixth Form at the College to discuss your request.
Appeals for Year 7
If you wish to appeal for a place in Year 7 for September 2019 please contact the Appeals Administrator at Peterborough City Council on 01733 452589 or by emailing email@example.com
The closing date for appeals for September 2019 is Friday 29 March 2019. Appeals received by this date will be heard by Tuesday 18 June 2019.
Appeals received after the deadline will be heard within 40 school days of receipt. Please note that this might mean it will be heard in September 2019.
Late application offers are made week commencing 23 April 2019. The closing date for appeals for late application offers is 20 May 2019. Appeals will be heard within 40 school days of being lodged.
Appeals for a place in-year can be made by contacting the Appeals Administrator at Peterborough City Council on 01733 452589 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All in-year appeals will be heard within 30 school days of receipt.
Please open the attachment here to view our full Admissions Policy. Please note:
- The Published Admission Number for 2020 entry is 60 for Reception
- The Published Admission Number for 2020 is 150 for Year 7, in addition to the 60 places taken by children moving up from Hampton College's own primary phase (i.e. 210 Year 7 places in total)
- Our school Admissions Policy is determined annually and complies with the School Admissions Code
- We are part of Peterborough City Council's co-ordinated admissions processes. To apply for a place in Reception or Year 7, parents must apply online through the Peterborough City Council portal
- When the school is full in a year group, a waiting list is kept and a place will be allocated to the child at the top of the waitin list, should a place become available. The waiting list is ranked according to the over-subscription criteria detailed in our policy
- Admissions applies are co-ordinated by Peterborough City Council
- Hampton College is fully signed up to local Fair Access Protocols in Peterborough
- Our approach to requests for admission outside of the normal age range or for deferred admission for Reception children is exaplained in the full policy
- The child's current permanent address must be used when applying for a place. The home address is that of the parent with whom the child normally lives from Monday to Friday
Admissions to the Primary Phase
Information on how to apply to join Hampton College Primary Phase can be found in the Admissions section of the Hampton College Primary Phase website.