At Hampton College Primary we have translated the Hampton College Vision and Values into five aspirations which are collectively known as our PROUD approach. These five aspirations are embedded within and permeate throughout school and set the ethos for our primary phase for children, staff, parents and visitors alike. We are PROUD of Hampton College and we are PROUD of our aspirations.
Each of our five PROUD aspirations is further embedded in school through weekly assemblies, classroom discussions, our positive behaviour approach and our day-to-day work in school.
Previous weekly PROUD themes were:
Play and learn together calmly
- How do we find new friends?
- How can we share with each other?
- What makes us great learners?
- Who can help us with our learning?
- How do we stay calm?
- How do I respect myself?
- How can we show respect to others?
- Why are our manners important?
- How do we welcome people into our lives?
- What makes us all special and unique?
Own our school
- Why is our school important to us?
- How can we look after our school?
- Who makes our school great?
- Who is part of our school community?
- How do we show our pride in our school?
- Why do we have boundaries?
- How can we be the best role models for each other?
- How can I care for other people’s feelings?
- Why do we tell the truth?
- How do I keep myself safe?
Do our best… always
- What can I do to be the best?
- How can I show I am proud of others?
- Why is teamwork important?
- How can I persevere?
- How do I develop resilience?