BTEC Level 3 Health and Social Care is a suitable course for those wishing to enter a career within this sector; it is particularly useful in relation to a wide range of careers including: nursing, social worker, carers, speech therapist, just to name a few.
The course will give you a great grounding into the subject and provide you with insight in the laws, legislations, policies and procedures of working within the Health & Social Care sectors. It will allow you to understand how to communicate effectively any why it is important, you will understand health, safety and security within the sector and how to apply this to the working environment.
Unlike most subjects, you do not need to have studied BTEC Level 2 Health and Social Care, although it would be advantageous, as it will give you an understanding of principles around Health and Social Care, it does not mean the topics covered at Level 3 would be the same.
The course comprises of 7 units, 4 completed in Year 12 and 3 in Year 13. Units covered are:
- Developing Effective Communication in Health and Social Care
- Equality, Diversity and Rights in Health and Social Care
- Health, Safety and Security in Health and Social Care
- Development through the life stages
- Nutrition for Health and Social Care
- Psychology Perspectives in Health and Social Care
- Sociology Perspectives in Health and Social Care
Please click here to see the course specification.