Main School Uniform
Uniform to be worn by students in Years 7-11 as follows:-
|Blazer||Royal Blue with integral school badge on front pocket|
|Summer Polo Shirt||Royal Blue classic fit polo with integrated school badge on the front|
|Shirt||White plain style, buttoned to the collar with enough material allowance to stay tucked into waistband|
|Tie||Official Hampton College tie with neat knot; not tucked into shirt and with tie reaching waist|
|Trousers||Dark Grey or Black plain school or suit style only (bootleg style - no skinnies/jeggings/legging, denim, chinos, cords, lycra, etc)|
|Skirt||Dark Grey plain school style, knee length or just below|
|Cardigan||Dark Grey 'V'-neck plain school style (waist length)|
|Jumper||Dark Grey 'V'-neck plain school style|
|Socks||Black or Grey plain; white plain ankle socks for girls wearing skirts|
|Tights||Black or neutral|
|Shoes||Black, low heeled (no trainers, boots, open toed, high heeled or other unsuitable footwear allowed)|
|Coats||Plain colour, with no stripes or designs or patterns or slogans on them|
|Jewellery||Wrist watch; one plain metal stud in each ear only. NOTHING ELSE IS PERMITTED (i.e. no nose studs, no necklaces and no bracelets)|
|Extreme hairstyles are not permitted, i.e. no shaven designs (anything less than a No. 2 cut is not permitted) or exaggerated hair colours, e.g. green (hair colours must appear natural)|
- Items in Italic are available from Total Clothing only.
- Parents / Carers who wish to raise religious/cultural issue regarding school uniform should contact their child's Head of House.
|Polo Shirt||White, with school logo embroidered on chest|
|Shorts||Navy Blue, shadow stripe shorts|
|Socks||Navy Blue, plain football socks|
|Hoodie||Navy Blue, with school logo embroidered on chest|
- Items in Italics are available from Total Clothing only.
School Uniform Supplier
Unit 9 Botolph Bridge Trading Estate
Tel: 01733 394758
Orders can be placed directly online through the Total Clothing website https://www.totalclothingshop.co.uk/hamptoncollege
Please note that all orders are placed directly with Total Clothing and will be delivered to your home address. All queries relating to your order should be made directly with Total Clothing.
School Uniform - Further Guidance
- Please make sure that all clothing is clearly marked with your child's name.
- Should a student need to wear trainers for purposes other than PE, a medical note from a doctor is required. You are advised to buy sensible footwear, which does not place undue stress on the feet.
- Coats with inappropriate slogans or images are not permitted. Coats are not allowed to be worn inside the school building.
- Facial / Body piercing of any description is not permitted.
- Uniform should not be customised in any way by wearing badges etc.
- Belts, where worn, must be in a plain style in black, navy blue or grey.
- Discreet make-up may be worn.
- Clear nail polish is acceptable. Coloured nail varnish/polish is not acceptable and students will be asked to remove it immediately. Gel and acrylic nails are not acceptable.
- Baseball caps are not permitted.
- Students not adhering to the school's uniform policy will be isolated at break or lunchtimes or, in extreme persistent cases, may be isolated all day or sent home.
- In the light of the pace at which fashion changes, the school reserves the right to amend the rules concerning the wearing of uniform, where necessary.
- If there is any doubt whether an item conforms to the school uniform policy, please contact the school for advice before purchasing an item of clothing.
Students are not allowed to bring mobile phones into school; these will be confiscated and will need to be collected by a parent/carer.